TWToolBox is an open source web application development framework.
A few of of the features include:
- HTML Template-driven user interfaces, with embedded variables and components,
conditionals, loops and includes
- XML component bindings and object attribute specifications.
- Components can be customized on a per-use basis through XML component bindings.
- Component debugging facility which can modify generated page to include links to
pop up windows generated at runtime containing object instance dump.
- Rules-based CGI form variable processing to minimize code required to organize
form variables by function.
- Base class which provides C++-like attribute inheritance and constructor execution.
- Session management class for data persistence and inter-component data access.
- Object caching mechanism.
- Error/notice handling class which provides a means of collecting messages generated
during page generation and presenting the messages in a consistent manner. Notices can
be coded for severity and presented in styles determined by severity. Email generation
based on severity of errors.
- Database access functions based on DBI to simplify database operations
and auto-generate where clauses.
- Compatible with Apache and IIS, works with or without Mod_PERL.
- Supports PERL 5.6 and 5.8.