PTS Release Notes/History
v2.9.5 (11-November-2004) New Feature/UI Update Release:
v2.9.4a (15-October-2004) Bug Fix Patch Release:
- Added a new Severity attribute to the Tasks table. Previously, the Priority
attribute has served two purposes: the desired order to complete tasks and the
severity of the associated issue. These two attributes are not always weighted
equally. The Severity attribute is now used to specify the relative seriousness
of the issue, and the priority attribute is used to determine which issues should
be resolved first. A SQL script has also been provided to migrate existing priority
data into the new Severity column.
- Fixed a query issue of the Task Summary Report screen.
- Added the standard stylesheet to the Task Modify Confirmation screen for consistency.
- Updated the Task Review screen to properly format table entries that contain blank
v2.9.4 (07-September-2004) New Feature/Minor Bug Fix Release:
- Fixed a problem that would cause a sql error to be displayed on the Task Browser
screen if no tasks matched the current filter settings.
v2.9.3 (05-June-2004) Minor Bug Fix/Enhancement Release:
- Added timesheet date validation to Task Modify and Add Followup screens.
- Improved session handling by adding persistence to Task Browser screen checkbox fields
(ie. Search Summary/Details, Summary Reports, etc.)
- Added the ability to search task activity during a specified date range
on the Task Browser screen.
- Added Actual Time to Complete (ATC) filter-by-tech capability. This enables a user to
filter the ATC information for selected tasks by a specified tech and report the total
- An adminstrator (level greater than 90) can now modify the specified tech for any
work session entry on a timesheet using drop down lists.
- Modified the word wrap style for followup comment text boxes to better preserve
line breaks created by the user.
- Fixed a minor problem that would occasionally cause work session times to be displayed
with a precision greater than two places past the decimal.
- Fixed a problem that would cause a followup tech to be recorded as the current
assigned tech instead of the logged in user on the Task Modify screen.
- Performed some cleanup in the Task Search Results table code: removed some
vestigal code, added comments, updated task retrieval database queries, etc.
v2.9.2 (14-May-2004) New Feature Release:
- Added validation to Timesheet screen to prevent a timesheet update if
any session's end time precedes its start time or if any session time
exceeds 24 hours. Infractions of these rules are pointed out during any
attempt to submit the timesheet page - all entries on the page are checked,
not just recent modification attempts. Focus moves to the first error
field if there are any violations.
- Added stylesheet to project-related screens to improve consistency.
- Fixed issue that caused a database error when switching from Project Review
screen to Task Browse screen.
- Replaced "Close" button images for "Close Task" and "Close Project" functions
to differentiate from "Close Window" function.
v2.9.0 (30-Apr-2004) New Feature Release:
- New Open Task Summary Report added. Provides a report which displays the
number of open tasks matching search criteria at specified intervals, grouped by
priority. To use, check "Summary Reports" checkbox on main task browser screen,
select "All" for task state selection, select any other required filter information,
and click the "Update" button. The date/interval selection window will appear.
Select start date, end date and number of days for reporting interval. The report
will appear in the popup window as an Excel spreadsheet suitable for charting.
v2.8.1 (28-Feb-2004) Minor bug fix:
- Added new Timesheet Editor screen to enable better tracking of
individual work session times. This screen provides the capability of
editing start times, end times and descriptions for work sessions for a task.
The screen updates session durations and total work time on the fly as changes
to individual sessions are made. Non-administrative users can view/edit any
of their own work session information, and adminstrative users can alter work
session information for all users.
- Main task browser screen now displays the total accumulated work session time
for all selected tasks.
- A less than optimal fix for a problem that caused the Generate Excel mode
to stay locked on until the user logs out of the system has been applied. The
problem was created as a side effect of the session management facility. The
system now avoids storing the Generate Excel setting in the session to
prevent the situation. This configuration switch will be put back into the
session store in a future release.
v2.8 (08-Feb-2004) Significant New Feature Release:
- Fixed taskgroup_id query parameter that could restrict displayed tasks on
the initial display of the main task browser screen.
v2.7 (24-Aug-2003) New Feature Release:
- Added task start and stop fields and calendar popups to followup
section of the task modify screen.
- New Multi-Task Dependency Tracking feature. Tasks can now have
multiple task dependencies. Two new screens were added to facilitate
this feature: a Dependency View screen and a Dependency Edit screen.
The edit screen enables task browsing using the main task search
mechanism, and adds checkboxes next to any matching tasks to provide
dependency selection. Existing dependencies not matching search criteria
appear in a second section on the Dependency Edit screen.
- Session Management facility added. PTS now remembers task and project
search criteria across screens - even after logout. The session
information persists for an administrator-configurable timeout period.
(Defaults to 8 hours.)
- Converted the project and release selection drop down lists to
multi-select lists on the main task browser screen. This makes it
possible to search for tasks in more than one project and for more than
one release at a time.
- Ported PTS software to MS-Windows. With the exception of email
notification, all functionality in PTS can now be served up from an
Apache server running on Windows.
- Added new stylesheet to all pages for improvements in appearance.
- Added task attachment feature. A file attachment can now be uploaded
and associated with any task. A link to an attachment will appear on
the task details screen.
- Supplied some missing HTML tags.
- Popup calendars have been added to the Task Followup screen
to provide the ability to track the start and stop times for work
sessions on individual tasks. Reporting will be added that will summarize
task duration based on this information.
- A popup warning is now issued when the task or project close button
is pressed to prevent accidental closure.
- Increased height of multi-select boxes on the Task Browser screen.
v2.6 (12-Jul-2003) Bug Fix and New Feature Release:
- New Task Grouping feature to allow linking related tasks
within a project (for example, related tasks in a test case).
- Major code cleanup in the Task/Project Browse screen.
- Task/Project filter form display improvements.
- Fixed troublesome field pre-select bugs in search filter form.
- New PTS database automated backup tool with rotation support.
- Added total selected task information to task selection summary on
Task Browse screen.
v2.5.2 (08-Jul-2003) New Feature Release:
- Added security roles to allow control of various features of the
v2.5.0 (03-Mar-2003) New Feature Release:
- Added ATC (Actual Time to Complete) field to all pertinent
screens to make it possible to compare task estimates (ETR)
task browse screen. The table can be sorted in either direction by
column clicking on the desired column heading.
- Cleaned up the task browse screen to facilitate the new
- Added the ability to automatically generate an Excel spreadsheet
of task search results. Clicking on the "Generate Excel" checkbox
and pressing the "Update" button on the task browse screen will cause
a pop up Excel spreadsheet to appear.
- Added some improvements to the default color scheme for various
screen features. The user can now set the task browse result table
header row independently from the rest of the screen by defining the
- Added Release Notes link to Login screen.
- Other minor code fixes (ie. fixed missing closing </TR> tags
on the task browse screen).
v2.07 (29-Jan-2002) PHP4/MySQL Updates:
- Removed a number of calls to addslashes() that were used to
write quoted fields to the database. Newer versions of PHP and
MySQL didn't need these calls and their presence caused extra
backslashes to appear in read-back database fields.
- Updated several database functions in db-mysql.inc for
compatibility with recent versions of MySQL
- Added "Release Specification" feature. Task browser screen now
allows selection of a Release tag as part of the task filter.
Selection method is by a drop down list of available releases.
Releases tags are added to the system through a new "Release Names"
link on the maintenance screen. Release name selection is also
allowed on the New Task and Modify Task screens. A new database
table (releases.mysql) has been added to the system to hold the
release names, id numbers and descriptions. A new "release_id"
column was added to the "tasks" table to hold a pointer to the
corresponding row in the "releases" table.
- Modified task summary chart on the task browser screen. The
status and task class entries now display the full status and
task class names instead of the single-letter abbreviations.
The task class, status and priority information are in bold type
to differentiate them from the labels.
- Modified the email generation code for the task-modify feature.
The status and task class information are now displayed as full
words instead of single letter abbreviations. Also, the highly
annoying <br> line delimiters in the generated mail message have
been replaced with newlines.
- Fixed extraneous '\' quoting problem that occurred when
modifying a task summary or problem details. Using single or
double quotes should no longer be a problem.
- Added "ETR" as an order-by choice. When this option is selected
on the task browser screen, tasks that appear in the browser list
will appear in order of smallest ETR value to highest, with
unestimated tasks appearing at the top of the list with ETR values
- Changed modify task and followup task to include the name of the user
submitting the change. This additional information is displayed on
the post mod/followup review screens.
- Added the task classification code. This includes changes to the
maintenance screen which allow control of new and existing task
classes; a change to the task add and modify screens which allows
selection of a task class for the TID being created/modified; and
a multiple selection list on the task browser screen that allows
filtering by task class.
- Cleaned up the Status multi-selection list on the task browser
screen to make it more intelligently turn on/off the selections
and remember previous selections.
PTS 2.00 - Revision: 4-Oct-1999:
- PTS 2.00 is a composite of PTS 1.72.00 and 1.71.33-daa, with many
additional features and bug fixes. Most notable among the new features
are the task detail/summary search capability, repair time estimate
tracking and task/project broadcast notification.
- Updated documentation, along with a more detailed change list, will
be added shortly.